Monday, June 22, 2015

Transfered: The Grass May Not be Greener...

Dad,
  I have tried a few things from the Double Dare package, I have had the smoked octopus, but nothing else yet.  In this area I can finally do some of this stuff cause we are not as busy teaching. 
  It's a bit depressing, I feel worthless as a missionary here my purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ. and his atonement.  To be repentant, have a baptism, receive the gift of the holy ghost, and endure to the end.  I think my new companion may be discouraged.  Our baptism goal as a zone here is 11, where as in Kearns it was 30.  In my mind, I keep thinking about Ether 12 verse 14, it was the faith of Nephi and Lehi that baptized the Lamanites. We are going to have to recharge the area!

 
South Jordan is not the same as Kearns..... we haven't had any investigator lessons at all. In my old area we would have had 10 lessons by now. All we have done is practiced 3 lessons and they were all on members. I'm ticked..... My new living area is really nice and my new companion, Elder Munyer is pretty cool though. I told president my happiness level from teaching a bunch of people has gone way down.

We were eating lunch and some guy and lady took pictures of me and my comp and sent it to dad's phone.  That was pretty cool.  I like your idea about writing one letter for friends and family, sounds like a good one, I'll do that.  Dad was right, I don't get much time to talk
Elder Sturgell stayed in Kearns..... what I've come to learn is a happy missionary is a successful missionary . I think we need a change of attitude here, they think exact obedience will baptize. However, I've learned obedience is a product of faith and I'm not saying they dont have faith, but if they had faith to baptize then they will.  I had a missionary here tell me baptisms are not important.  In Doctrine and Covenants it talks about the joy you will have when we bring many souls unto Christ not the other way around.  I think I will need to work hard here and show them some of the skills I learned in Kearns.

Love,
Elder Crawford

No comments:

Post a Comment