Monday, July 6, 2015

Standing Amazed

Hymn 193: I Stand All Amazed
vs 1. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me. I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, that for me a sinner he suffered, he bled and died. Oh it is wonderful. That he should care for me, enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.
 
 
vs. 2 I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine. That he should extend his great love unto such as I. Sufficient to own to redeem and to justify. Oh it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.
 
vs. 3 I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt. Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget. No, no I will praise and adore at the mercy seat until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet. Oh it is wonderful that he should care for me, enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me.


 
This song is my testimony, that no matter what Christ loves us. Enough that he came to this mortal earth to save our proud and rebellious souls. I love him more than anything on this earth just short of family. I love him so much, I took 2 years from my life to serve here in Utah, and it is the best choice I have made so far in my life.


 I will never back down from who I am and I will never hide who I am from the world because its not popular. I am a child of God and I want everyone to know that they are too! I am not ashamed of being a latter-day Saint nor should anyone be. What people say now about the Mormons will have to answer for it later; and those that denied being a Mormon will stand before the Lord one day and will have to tell him why they were afraid of being who we are. Stand strong in your faith and you will find favor from the Lord! I love all of you.

                                                             (This is my new room)
Love,
 Elder Crawford

 Happy birthday Mom!  I love you with all my heart despite the fighting
 and yelling.   We sang I stand all Amazed in sacrament today and it makes
 me cry because of Christ and his sacrifice for my proud and rebellious
 soul.  But, it also reminds me of you and all the pains I've put you
 through.  I love you and I'm sorry.

1 comment: